K-Lite Codec Pack 9.9.5 Full
Not all the components that are listed below will actually get installed.
The installation is fully customizable, meaning you can choose exactly which components get installed.
Some components are deselected by default and are only installed if you explicitly select them.
There are also some cases where you must choose between two (or more) components that serve a similar purpose.
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema (MPC-HC) [version 126.96.36.19978]
This is a full-featured player with many useful options. We recommend using this player for video playback.
It has internal DXVA decoders for H.264 and VC-1 video.
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4513]
This decoder supports a large number of video formats. It also contains several options for post-processing the decoded video.
- LAV Video [version 0.57-11-g02c9d31]
This decoder supports a large number of video formats.
- On2 VP7 [version 188.8.131.52]
For decoding VP7 video. This format is not very common.
- DScaler5 MPEG-2 decoder [version 0.0.6.0] [IVTC mod]
For decoding MPEG-2 DVD video. Only selectable on Windows XP.
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- ffdshow [version 1.3.4513]
This decoder supports a large number of audio formats. It also contains several options for post-processing the decoded audio.
- LAV Audio [version 0.57-11-g02c9d31]
This decoder supports a large number of audio formats.
DirectShow source filters:
- Haali Media Splitter [version 184.108.40.206]
This splitter supports multiple video file formats.
- LAV Splitter [version 0.57-11-g02c9d31]
This splitter supports a large number of audio and video file formats.
- DC-Bass Source Mod [version 1.5.2]
Source filter with integrated decoder for the following audio file types:
- OptimFROG (.ofr .ofs)
- TAK (.tak)
- Tracker (.it .mo3 .mtm .s3m .umx .xm)
- It also supports SHOUTcast streams (icyx://) in MP3/Vorbis/AAC format.
DirectShow subtitle filter:
DirectVobSub [xy-VSFilter version 220.127.116.11]
DirectVobSub is a filter for displaying subtitles. It supports all common formats such as SRT, SSA/ASS, PGS, and VobSub.
Your subtitle file should have the same filename as your video file. It should also be in the same folder as your video file. Then the subtitles will automatically be loaded and displayed during playback.
Example: MovieName.avi + MovieName.srt
- madVR [version 0.86.1]
Excellent video renderer that can be used as an alternative for the video renderers that Windows offers. Recommended for expert users with high-end graphics cards.
- Haali Video Renderer [version 18.104.22.168]
Excellent video renderer that can be used as an alternative for the video renderers that Windows offers.
Requires a modern graphics card with PixelShader 1.4 or higher.
- K-Lite Codec Tweak Tool [version 5.6.4]
This tool is essential for the management of codecs and settings. It has many useful features such as:
- Detect and fix several common problems
- Reset settings
- Backup and restore settings
- Configure preferred splitters
- Enable/disable any of the installed codecs and filters
- Manage thumbnail settings
- Generate detailed log with system information and list of installed codecs
- Configure preferred decoders on Windows 7/8
- Tweaks to disable Media Foundation and certain other MS codecs on Windows 7/8
- MediaInfo Lite [version 0.7.63]
This tool can analyze a media file and show detailed information about it.
- GraphStudioNext [version 0.6.0.206]
GraphStudioNext is a tool for constructing, analyzing, testing, and benchmarking DirectShow filter graphs.
Explorer shell extensions:
Note: If you want get thumbnails on a 64-bit version of Windows, then you should also install the 64-bit version of the K-lite Codec Pack.
- Icaros ThumbnailProvider [version 2.2.2 b1]
This shell extension is used for generating video thumbnails in Windows Explorer. It supports all common video formats.
- Icaros PropertyHandler [version 2.2.2 b1]
This shell extension allows displaying file properties such as duration, width, height, and framerate in Explorer. It supports .mkv, .ogm, .flv, .flac, .mpc, and .ape files.
Requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile. This is part of Windows 8 by default. Vista and Windows 7 users can download it from Windows Update.
- Updated MPC-HC to version 22.214.171.12478
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.57-11-g02c9d31
- Updated ffdshow to version 1.3.4513
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.6.4
- Updated GraphStudioNext to version 0.6.0.206
- Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.63
- Updated Icaros to version 2.2.2b1
- Removed Gabest AVI splitter